New Jersey (Lyndhurst) based environmental remediation firm with over 3 decades of success looking for an Environmental Technician with applicable experience to join our team. This position offers the opportunity to be a field operations leader, to interact with clients, contribute to the growth of the environmental consulting and engineering group, and collaborate with staff in multiple disciplines.
- Relevant experience with a focus on environmental applications in site remediation (10 plus years preferable).
- Assist with industrial and commercial facility investigations and environmental site assessments, including information for environmental investigative reports (e.g., filed notes photographs, field analytical data, instrumentation readings).
- Knowledge of New York State environmental rules, regulations and guidance. Knowledge of other state regulations, including NJ or CT a plus.
- Ability to perform routine and complex field sampling (e.g., soil, soil vapor and groundwater).
- Experience with Installation and operation of various field monitoring equipment, measuring instruments and mitigation and/or treatment systems (e.g., sub-slab depressurization, soil vapor extraction, multiphase extraction, groundwater extraction/injection, LNAPL recovery, air sparging, carbon adsorption, air stripping, and oxidation).
- Ability to train others.
- Experience with mapping software (ArcMap, AutoCAD, GIS) a plus but not required
- Proactive problem solver.
- Effective communication with senior staff, subcontractors, and clients.
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail.
- Willing to be based out of our Lyndhurst, NJ office, with travel into New York City.
- Adaptability and willingness to adjust to client needs.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental, engineering, or science-related fields.
Salary commensurate with experience.
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement plan with company match
- PTO and paid holidays